• Create Account

"Silhouettes" with DirectDraw Blitter?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Milkman   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 January 2000 - 03:08 PM

I was just wondering if it were possible to do a silhouette of a sprite with the DirectDraw Blitter? By silhouette, I mean having the non-transparent pixels of a surface all be drawn in one color, rather than the color of the original surface. I thought that I would be able to do this by combining the color fill blt flag with the key source blt flag. Unfortunately, passing a source surface to a color fill blt always seems returns an invalid parameter error message. Is it possible to do this, and I''m doing something wrong? Or should I just write my own code to do this? Thanks in advance.

Sponsor:

#2 shmaLbus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 January 2000 - 03:23 PM

if there is a way i''ve never heard of it. doing it yourself is easy and fast enough though.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS