• Create Account

Game Programmer Pay

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 ao   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 January 2000 - 04:02 PM

I am going to be applying for a job as a game programmer and they would like to know my salary expectations... Well I have no idea. They want somebody who knows c/c++, assembly, game concepts and principles, directx, java and shockwave. Well I have experience in all of those but I have never had a game programming job, so what kind of wage should I be shooting for? oh ya, I live in Canada so take that into consideration for your estimates. Thanks.

Sponsor:

#2 I-Shaolin   Members   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 28 January 2000 - 01:36 AM

First off, where is the company located? This will have a major impact on what salary you should expect becuase of cost of living.

#3 ao   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 06:02 AM

The company is located in Edmonton, Alberta. So the cost of living isn''t really a factor... Now if it was further up north I could see that really being a big factor.

#4 I-Shaolin   Members   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 28 January 2000 - 06:59 AM

Well, I can't say for Canada, but I am making 55K in San Francisco, but that's a little high. For an entry level job, you can expect anywhere from 30-50K (US Dollars) depending on the area. Personally, I would concider anything under 40J too low to accept, then it depends on the job and the cost of living.

Remember, all this is in US dollars.

Edited by - I-Shaolin on 1/28/00 1:00:46 PM

#5 ao   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for the info.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS