• Create Account

OpenGL speed

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gandalf   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 January 2000 - 11:48 PM

Anybody how make OpenGL games that not require 3dfx card? Is it possible? And what slows down everthing? I want to make games that not require a 3dfx card, but mayby I must learn assembler? Is glut very slow? Are OpenGL in software mode using GDI? Gandalf the White

Sponsor:

#2 TheMummy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 04:48 AM

What ???
OpenGL is only fast with 3dfx cards then i have a 3dfx card too! The OpenGL impentations are getting better every day. The cards that came afer RIVA 128 ,so Riva TNT ,s3,.... are all fast.
And glut is a library which handles the openGL window management and user input in Windows Solaris Linux and Beos it think ,too

Edited by - TheMummy on 1/28/00 10:50:05 AM

#3 Vigrid   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 05:14 AM

unfortunately i found that openGL software renderer is very slow, but rather accurate. but i think that my openGL drivers are unable to perform all the operations i need. btw: does anyone know where to get a good openGL driver for S3 ViRGE?

-Vigrid
[shredder@euro-soft.com.pl]

[sorry for posting this twice - an accident...]

Edited by - Vigrid on 1/28/00 11:21:03 AM

#4 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 28 January 2000 - 05:18 AM

unfortunately i found that openGL software renderer is very slow, but rather accurate. but i think that my openGL drivers are unable to perform all the operations i need. btw: does anyone know where to get a good openGL driver for S3 ViRGE?

-Vigrid
[shredder@euro-soft.com.pl]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS