Resources

Started by
6 comments, last by Tyler4000 24 years, 2 months ago
I woulsd just like to know what a few good web sites are for help on C++ help and info? And also a few good books on the language. I am reading C++ For Beginers, ad after I am through with it I would like to buy a more advance book for more indepth to get me into the game programing area. I am just gong to make some few apps for now till I get alot better. Thanks for the time everoe,, Tyler
Advertisement
Once you get through the beginner book, get "The C++ Programming Language" by Bjarne Stroustrup. This is a great reference.

After that, you''ll probably want to get some Windows and game programming books. For Windows, get "Programming Windows" by Charles Petzold and "Programming Windows with MFC" by Jeff Prosise. After getting through these books, you''ll have a good understanding of how to work with the Win32 API and MFC.

Finally, you''ll want to get a game programming book. Try "Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Guru" by Andra Lamothe. This will really help get you going. There''s also "Windows Game Programming For Dummies" by the same author, but the Guru book is really just an advaced version of it.

Well, it''s a lot to read and get through, but if you do, you''ll have a much better feel for all of this.
whats going on I-Shoalin you did''nt mention the your bible "Code Complete", well anyway i just got it a couple of days ago and from what I''ve read its very good.
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
If you want some free C++ books (or on any programming topic), try http://www.informit.com.

Lack
Lack
Christianity, Creation, metric, Dvorak, and BeOS for all!
One book I like is c++: effective object-oriented software construction
quote:Original post by Chris F

whats going on I-Shoalin you did''nt mention the your bible "Code Complete"

I am going to assume that wasn''t a shot.
it wasn't

Edited by - Chris F on 1/30/00 6:10:54 AM
"I have realised that maths can explain everything. How it can is unimportant, I want to know why." -Me
Web site? Well, (again everybody) here it is:

http://www.relisoft.com/

Mainly on C++.
"after many years of singularity, i'm still searching on the event horizon"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement