• Create Account

DirectX books

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 Syntax   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 12:10 PM

Okay..I want to know a good book for learning DirectX I goto amazon.com and sift through all of the DirectX books and read the comments but quite honestly that does not help me...What books would you recommend. Since i am only interested in learning the 2D stuff for DirectX i really do not have any use for D3D books at the moment..ISBN numbers would be appreciated.. -Lucas E-mail with questions, comments, and retorts.
InvalidSyntax@icqmail.com

Sponsor:

#2 afastrunner   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 12:25 PM

Everyone knows Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus is the best book. You can find it at www.amazon.com

Afastrunner
AKA Camelboy

#3 Chris F   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 12:29 PM

"tricks of the windows game programming gurus" by Andre LaMothe, this is a good book for starting out with directx and it also has a lot of other stuff to do with game programming, and theres "inside directX" this is just pure directX it covers alot more directX stuff than Andre''s but doesnt have anything specifically about games such as AI or physics, both are good books and have helped me alot, the choice is yours...

#4 Chris F   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 12:30 PM

sorry you posted a couple of minutes before so i didnt see your post

#5 Melo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 January 2000 - 11:21 PM

I''ve read ''Inside DirectX'', too, and it helped me very much getting familiar with this stuff

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS