Lighting and stuff...

Started by
0 comments, last by iNsAn1tY 22 years, 3 months ago
I''m just wondering about OpenGL lighting. I''m well up on it, and everything, but I''m looking for some reassurance. You know in a game like Halflife, you have a flashlight. Well, I was trying to replicate this effect in my 3D engine, but I couldn''t. I have large polygons, and I was wondering if tessellating them into very small triangles would solve my problem... iNsAn1tY - the place where imagination and the real world merge... Try http://uk.geocities.com/mentalmantle
My opinion is a recombination and regurgitation of the opinions of those around me. I bring nothing new to the table, and as such, can be safely ignored.[ Useful things - Firefox | GLee | Boost | DevIL ]
Advertisement
yes, tessellation is the way to go. the reason is (GL_SMOOTH) lighting is only per vertex lighting so you will not detailed spotlight effect with large polygons.

To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.
To the vast majority of mankind, nothing is more agreeable than to escape the need for mental exertion... To most people, nothing is more troublesome than the effort of thinking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement