VC problem?

Started by
2 comments, last by north_wolf 22 years, 3 months ago
hello guys. i used the standard std::vector template class in my program on VC++6, but boundschecker tell me that some memory leaks occured in source file crtdll.c,locale0.cpp,xmemory,onexit.c,xlock.cpp and resource leak by my fopen() function ,but i''v closed it before program termination. why? is it a VC bug? i''m sure i have freed all memory allocated by myself.
Advertisement
It really wouldn''t surprise me if they leak, but double check you have all your service packs installed. Then make a new console project, and do nothing but use that vector, and see if it still leaks.
- The trade-off between price and quality does not exist in Japan. Rather, the idea that high quality brings on cost reduction is widely accepted.-- Tajima & Matsubara
thank u. i think it isnt a VC bug because is has no memory leak in a simple program. perhaps it is because i used it in a DLL,it was not properly destruct before the DLL been unloaded from memory. but i''m not sure.
A known problem with memory checkers like BC because the memory is freed after BC does its reporting. (due to static destruction order)

However, one of the resource leaks seems to be genuine enough though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement