• Create Account

What's good for begginers?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 MrMan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 January 2000 - 04:04 PM

I just started to get intrested in porgramming and game devolpment but have no idea where to start. I know some about QBASIC but that''s it so I need a book or somthing for a guide. I''m don''t have much to spend. Any ideas?

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 30 January 2000 - 04:32 PM

The way I got started game programming was by getting a book on C. The dummies books and Tony Zhangs book were great helpers. Once I had a good understanding of C, I got Windows Game Programming for Dummies: By Andre Lamothe. That''s the way I got started and it really helped. It is a little expensive, but it works.

#3 Gromit   Members   -  Reputation: 144

Posted 30 January 2000 - 04:36 PM

read everything in the section off the main page titled "start here"

#4 I-Shaolin   Members   -  Reputation: 138

Posted 31 January 2000 - 04:50 AM

Just don't try to do too much too soon. Obviously, in order to do game programming, you need to be able to program. Make this your first step. Once you have a decent grasp of that, then you can start getting into game specific programming.

You are going to need a good C/C++ book and a compiler. Try to shop around becuase some learning books have a limited edition of Visual C++ included with them. This is probably your best bet. (Any suggestion guys?)

If that is still too expensive, there are some free compilers availible, but they usually aren't as easy to use as a professional development enviornment.

Edited by - I-Shaolin on 1/31/00 10:52:19 AM

#5 MrMan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 February 2000 - 05:00 PM

I''ve read many confilicting articles on the subject of what is good for begginers to learn and I need more opinions. I''m thinking about either Visual C++, Visual Basic or Java right now.

#6 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 01 February 2000 - 05:55 PM

Luke S..... andam ka.....

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS