• Create Account

Windows Game Programming for Dummies

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 wise_Guy   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 January 2000 - 09:18 PM

Hallo all, Just wondering, in the book by Andre Lamoth, a bitmap loading function is given. It seems to work fine, but when i unload the first bitmap after displaying it, whatever, I can''t load another one - there isn''t enough memory. I''ve scanned through the code and there isn''t a leak that my inexperience C++ brain can detect, but has anyone else experienced this and/or discovered a solution. Or has anyone else got a bitmap loader that''s reliable and easy to use (and free, preferably...) thanks for your help... wiseGuy

Sponsor:

#2 Chris F   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 30 January 2000 - 10:06 PM

Use the ddutil bitmap loaders that come with direct x you can find them in the directories folder. There are two versions DDLoadBitmap and DDReLoadBitmap, there almost the same except DDReLoadBitmap loads a bitmap straight into a surface. Later.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS