• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

C++ Newbes Wanted

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
60 replies to this topic

#21 TorchDragon   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 04:17 AM

Already sent my info to the leader of this rascal band, hopefully I''ll be doing some 3d modelling, game design, and other various artistic/non-programming items. My current and not all that updated website is www.torchdragon.com and shows a bit of my art skills. I can can be contacted on AIM at torchdragn or by email at creator@torchdragon.com

C++ Exp: I know syntax...
e-mail: creator@torchdragon.com

"Sight Does Not Mean Vision"

Sponsor:

#22 ShockwavePGR   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 04:19 AM

My old email is messed up, so I have to get a new one! But I still want to join up so here''s my info:

My Name: Frank Hay
My Age: 20
My email address: firemanshivers@hotmail.com

I looking forward to working with everyone

#23 DelphiFreak   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 04:31 AM

I had to reactivate my email address today, so try emailing me at firemanshivers@hotmail.com! It should work!

Looking forward to working with you

#24 j8l5s   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 04:34 AM

Ok I sent it.

#25 GrumpyMe   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 07:06 AM

I''m interested!

experience: 2 months (looking to learn some more)
nationality: Slovenia
email: uros_c@yahoo.com

#26 Tobiking   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 12:34 PM

I'm interested too, but I speak german and only 15 years old.
E-Mail: Tobiking1@aol.com or Tobiking2@yahoo.de
I had started to learn c++ 3 years ago but I has not understand anything a long time.

Edited by - Tobiking on January 4, 2002 7:37:02 PM

#27 SSVegetasan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 03:41 PM

im as newbie as it gets, a good 9days
email me: ninja1rikimaru@cs.com

#28 subnet_rx   Members   -  Reputation: 158

Posted 04 January 2002 - 05:07 PM

I've created a yahoo club as a interim way to communicate. cgamedev or C++ Game Development. Link here
subnet_rx

"There are two types of langages, those that everyone complains about, and those that no one uses."

Standardized C++ Libraries

C++ Programming help

The only news site on the web

Edited by - subnet_rx on January 4, 2002 12:13:30 AM

#29 dabowles   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 05:16 PM

I would be interested in it too, although I have about 2 months really delving into the language. You can reach me at thedavidbowles@yahoo.com.

Thanks,
David B.

#30 postulate   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 05:41 PM

programming for half a year to a year, and am kinda lost right now with game programming. I''m just looking for a little basic understanding of how directx is used and I''ll be trying to make a 2d rpg with gained knowlegde.
e-mail : punkrawk26@aol.com
age = 16;

#31 j8l5s   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 09:53 PM

Thank you guys for all your help but please take a step back and let me organize everything then I''ll send you all an e-mail with a place to meet and we''ll go from there. I thank you for all your doing subnet but please wait for me befor doing any more. Right now we have about 40 people that are in this and they all want differnt things. We have people that are very new to C++ and experts with 3+ years exp. Once agin thank you all but youll have to wait one more day to get started, sorry for the incovence. Right now I would sugest that eveyone get a yahoo acount we will most likly be going through there for the next couple of days.

#32 TechWins   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 04 January 2002 - 10:49 PM

Sorry if this is an inconvenience to you but I would also like to join. However, since I have very limited experience I can't make any commitments. Also, I have a website (www.kylec72.150m.com) that we could use, but I'm sure others have better sites to use.

Name - Kyle Clark
Age - 15
C++ Experience - About a week
E-mail - kyleclark80@hotmail.com

Edited by - TechWins on January 5, 2002 5:36:50 PM

#33 minority   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2002 - 05:46 AM

im interested too

been programming in c++ for 3mths now

btw, wat would this exactly be??? a club? an online community with websites, webrings and forums???

#34 Drizzt DoUrden   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 05 January 2002 - 05:55 AM

what the heck, why not. it''ll be more fun than a learning expierience but anything to get me away from the gdnet forums.

Name - Keith

Expierience - 2/3 years C++, acouple months with SDL, some OpenGL.

Email adress - bg_darkelf@hotmail.com

i am basically pretty good in c++, so i would probably be more helping than learning, but i would like to see other peoples methods, etc, plus working with a team expierience isn''t something i have had. also, if you guys are interested in working on a small game in the future, i could help you all learn sdl. its so simple, it''ll only take weeks to learn.

so email me if you are interested.

------------------------------
Simple DirectMedia Layer:
Main Site - (www.libsdl.org)
Cone3D Tutorials- (cone3D.gamedev.net)
GameDev.net''s Tutorials - (Here)

#35 Fyre_dragenn   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2002 - 06:14 AM

Join me in
I have A LOT of theory in advance graphic programming but not much programming experience. I guess l read to much but not program enough. But if you still want me l''m here for you

fyre_dragenn@yahoo.com

#36 treknerd   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2002 - 11:17 AM

I''m in! I''ve had about 4 months of programming experience in C++, and I can also do 2d art. I have a little bit of experience with web design, too. Please email me at treknerd@mac.com

-treknerd

#37 Minion   Members   -  Reputation: 118

Posted 05 January 2002 - 12:02 PM

I''m in.

Name : Mark Ulrich
Experience : 2 1/2 years of C; about a month of serious C++
Email : ulrichmc@yahoo.com

Minion

#38 j8l5s   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2002 - 01:20 PM

If you''d would like to join and have not yet gotten an e-mail please come to are first meeting tomarow(1/6/02) at 8am(pst). All members are erged to come as well. It will be held in a yahoo chat room: "computers&internet/userchatrooms/C++ Game Dev". I''m looking forward to talking to you all!
Joshua

#39 j8l5s   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 January 2002 - 01:47 AM

I just found out that in order to get to the yahoo chat room for the meeting to day you must have yahoo messenger. This is a free download, you can get it at http://messenger.yahoo.com/ . To get to the room once it has beed downloaded and installed just open it up sing in(or get a yahoo ID) then click on the message icon in the messenger, then int the window it brings where it says "to:" type "J8l5s", then in the box next to the send button type "C++ Group" and then puss the send button, after that there will be a popup that says j8l5s has invited you to a room click yes then you will be taken to it. Hope to see you all there!
Joshua

Edited by - j8l5s on January 6, 2002 8:49:44 AM

Edited by - j8l5s on January 6, 2002 10:32:30 AM

Edited by - j8l5s on January 9, 2002 11:32:33 AM

#40 BOFH   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 January 2002 - 02:01 AM

Count me in.
Experience about 1.5 years

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS