• Create Account

Quake III mod

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 CaptainJester   Members   -  Reputation: 523

Posted 04 January 2002 - 05:38 AM

I have been trying to learn how to make a Quake III mod, but the tools aren''t helping. I have been following an online tutorial that says to make a block, make it hollow, then ad some torches as light sources. It says to use storch.md3 as the model for the torch(placed using misc_model entity). First, this file doesn''t exist anywhere in the Quake III Arena directory structure(yes I unpaked the pak0.pk3 file correctly). The second problem I am having is that Q3Radiant(v197) keeps crashing all the time. On a side note, I tried to use gmax tempest and it keeps crashing all the time as well(probably caused by Q3Radiant). I am using a Celeron 366, 192MB ram, with a Voodoo3 2000 video card and Windows 98. Anyone else have the crashing problem? --- Make it work. Make it fast.

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS