• Create Account

Nvidia's Register combiners extension

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZubZorro   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2002 - 11:50 AM

Hi, I am trying to figure our nvidia''s register combiners extensions, and i find their information on their site much lacking. Their description at the extension registry is something I would like to avoid reading.. sucks reading specs. The examples i have found on their site uses nvparse, which i cant find any documentation for? so i am looking for some links 1. Some info about the register combiners 2. some older nvidia examples of uses of the register combiners alernatively, I could use some info about the language that nvparse uses.. it should be a subset of some DirectX things, but where will I find information on this? Jonas Meyer Rasmussen

Sponsor:

#2 Lev Povalahev   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2002 - 02:11 PM

you have to read the specs to understand the extension.

For me it was much easier to understand how register combiners work after I''ve read, understodd and wrote a lillte test app for the ARB_TEXTURE_ENV_COMBINE extension, because register combiners work the same way, though they have some more parameters.

So what I recommend:

1. read the register combiners specs twice, think about it.
2. read the ARB_texture_env_combine specs, understand and implement a sample app
3. read the register combiners specs.
4. if you still have problem with understanding register combiners go to 3.

Unfortunately there are no good tutorials on register combiners AFAIK, and the examples won''t help if you don''t understand how combiners work. Opengl.org''s advanced forum is a good place if you have particular problems, try searching the forum to find topics on register combiners, there are a lot.

Hope this helps,
-Lev

#3 ZubZorro   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 January 2002 - 02:24 PM

Great, thanks.

I will take a look at it tomorrow

Jonas Meyer Rasmussen

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS