• Create Account

One other thing!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghost1206   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 10 January 2002 - 09:35 PM

One other decision I''ve already made (and I am not too sure if it''s correct) concerning the game, has to do with the way the screen is updated. I''ve used directInput and had the pointer blited each time I get a mouse event. The thing is that I am NOT following Microsoft''s example having a function ("updateFrame") called constantly to update the screen, but rather a function that is called only if something occurs (e.g. a mouse event or something else). Is this the right way to do things, or I should follow Microsoft''s example. It''s just that it strikes me as not too efficient. Any thoughts?

Sponsor:

#2 Null and Void   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1087

Posted 11 January 2002 - 01:09 AM

How often will the images on screen change? If it''s pretty often, just redraw everything as soon as you can; It''s not that inefficient in that case. Otherwise, your approach is basically what you should be doing.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

#3 ghost1206   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 11 January 2002 - 03:23 AM

That''s my thinking too. Since the game is a strategy (and not let''s say an RTS) there is no reason why I should be bliting like a madman, but only when it''s necesssary. Thanks!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS