• Create Account

developers using HW T&L?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Justinfinity   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 03 February 2000 - 07:10 PM

with a couple GPUs (did nvidia copyright that?) out, are any developers current doing 3d engine work going to let OpenGL or Direct3D do the T&L work so your games will take advantage of HW T&L if available? i know that OpenGL and D3D''s past T&L wasn''t that great, and alot of people need to add unsupported or poorly-supported things like different types of shadows or LOD ar things, but with the possibility of HW T&L on the end-user''s machine increasing, are you going to stick with prorietary methods, or let the API do the work? or, for those working on the engine-level, will you code seperate method depending on whether HW T&L is present or not? it may take some work, but many games still come with options for D3D and OGL, so creating an all OGL T&L pipeline along with a mixed T&L pipeline can''t be much more difficult (i haven''t done any 3d work yet, so i don''t know. if you have some experience on this end, feel free to correct me) so what are you all using: pure OGL T&L pipeline, pure D3D T&L pipeline, in-house & OGL T&L pipeline, in-house & D3D T&L pipeline, or a mix of any or all depending or hardware available? -Justin White jowhite@bigfoot.com AIM: Just6979 www.bigfoot.com/~jowhite "To infinity and beyond!" -Buzz Lightyear "I can only show you the door. You must choose to go through it." -Morpheus "Your mind is like a parachute. It works best when open." -Anonymous "I know Kung-fu." -Neo "Ignorance is bliss" -Cypher "My name...is Neo!" -Neo

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS