vb books?

Started by
6 comments, last by mad_hatter 22 years, 3 months ago
What are some good books for Visual Basic6?
Advertisement
Dont buy a book take online lessons there hell alot better
"NO, NO NOT THE MONKEYS!!!! AHHHHHHH!"
Dont buy a book take online lessons there hell alot better
"NO, NO NOT THE MONKEYS!!!! AHHHHHHH!"
Sams Teacher Yourself Visual Basic 6 In 24 Hours is good.

Invader X
Invader''s Realm
To elaborate on what Monkeeman said. I would say that better resources can be found on the internet.

There are plenty of free resources which will be up to date, and accurate and come with their own live support group

Check www.vbexplorer.com if you are just starting out. It will get you going in the right direction and the message boards are very friendly.

Trying is the first step towards failure.
Trying is the first step towards failure.
Try this sites:

freevbcode.com
vbcode.com

good exempels there
if you later want to search for a script try
codehound.com

hey, want to create games? Dont use vb! I have been working with it in 2 years it sux, to slow to write good games! but if you want to create sftwares like cuteftp, vb is a good enough

Use c++ if you want games (just started self )

Sincerely
Strumpan
quote:Original post by mad_hatter
What are some good books for Visual Basic6?

AFTER you take a look at some of the online resources you may have want for some hard copy resources. If you get into COM then VB COM by WROX press is good. Applying General Software principles to VB then you could use Visual Basic 6 Unleashed Reference Edition (SAMS) or Visual Basic Super Bible (WAITE group).

BeS
It''s Da BOMB Baby!!!
. o O ~
A little nonsense now and then,
is relished by the wisest men
~ O o .
-- Willy Wonka
BeSIt's Da BOMB Baby!!!. o O ~ A little nonsense now and then,is relished by the wisest men~ O o .-- Willy Wonka
VB may be slower than c++ BUT:

VB 5 (proffesioal edition) or newer, generates faster code than previous versions
DirectX 7+ has VB support

so i dont see why you cant make decent VB games...
c++ is probably better in the long run,butfor quick ''n'' easy results, VB is the way to go.

Though i''v developed a liking for c++ after reading over each example progrm from tricks of the windows game programming gurus again
gave me some awsome ideas....

"Though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death, iwill fear no evil, for i am the meanest motherfucker in the valley."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement