• Create Account

C++ Program like Frontpage2002?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 desertfoxer   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 January 2002 - 04:21 PM

Do professional programmers use any programs to help them write C++ code? Is there such a think as a "Frontpage" for C++? I know its a stupid question but hey =) Desert Fox, Ian Cheshire "Don''''t fight a battle if you don''''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel

Sponsor:

#2 Kneelz   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 January 2002 - 08:02 PM

I use the wde4 (Weissenborn Development Environment). It produces the best code for me. And the best feature of all, it has support for voice-control.

Kneelz.

#3 hollowMedia   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 January 2002 - 12:33 AM

Well, in MS Visual C++ there are a few things to assist your code writing. One would be a "Class Wizard" which creates a class to your specification[single inheritance, etc] and on a broader level there is an "Application Wizard" which will create a ''base'' application. These are by no means up to the same customizability (isthataword?) level that FrontPage has but once you create an application, like a dialog-based application, you can use an editor to create buttons and other controls where you''d like them. If you like the idea of a "front page" style editing system, you might wish to try Visual Basic.

Good day.

#4 matrix2113   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 January 2002 - 10:34 AM

I think he means a program to create C++ code for you in a visual environment...

There are "AuthorWares" That can create .exe files for you. Check out 3d game studio (kinda expensive...), game creator (its free, but it sucks), Games Factory (Its $30, unless you can find a keycode ;p ), or Klik & Play (A Simpler version of Games Factory, but its free - Cannot sell your games though)
Both Games Factory and Klik & Play can be found at www.clickteam.com

"I've learned something today: It doesn't matter if you're white, or if you're black...the only color that REALLY matters is green"
-Peter Griffin

Edit: No professionals use these, because they limit what you can do, and they're not as fast as if you were to program in C++.

Edited by - matrix2113 on January 15, 2002 5:36:43 PM

#5 desertfoxer   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 January 2002 - 10:54 AM

Thanks guys... I guess I am just going to have to bite the bullet and learn C++ =)

Desert Fox,
Ian Cheshire

"Don''''t fight a battle if you don''''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel

#6 Arild Fines   Members   -  Reputation: 968

Posted 15 January 2002 - 11:42 AM

C++ Builder lets you do C++ in a visual(Visual C++ really isnt very visual) environment - check it out.

Once there was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time is called the Dark Ages.

#7 desertfoxer   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 January 2002 - 02:21 PM

Does C++ Builder help if you are going to make a PC Game?

Desert Fox,
Ian Cheshire

"Don''''t fight a battle if you don''''t gain anything by winning" -Erwin Rommel

#8 Null and Void   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1087

Posted 15 January 2002 - 02:28 PM

Not really. It''s more aimed at GUI application RAD. Not that it''d be worse, but it won''t help you specifically.

[Resist Windows XP''s Invasive Production Activation Technology!]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS