• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

DX 7 or 8?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 superdood13   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 January 2002 - 11:08 AM

Hello, I have heard several mixed reviews on the new version of DX. I am going through Andre''s book, Windows Game Programming Gurus but have heard that many of the examples don''t compile with DX 8. I have the DX 8.0 SDK on my computer, should I reload 7 and not even worry about 8 yet or should I get a book that teaches DX 8?

Sponsor:

#2 Kylotan   Moderators   -  Reputation: 3338

Posted 14 January 2002 - 11:36 AM

They should compile with the version 8 SDK if you know how to do it Look here for an answer.

Summarised: "For example, to use the latest headers to compile against the DirectX 7.0 version of D3D, define DIRECT3D_VERSION to be 0x0700."

ie.
#define DIRECT3D_VERSION 0x0700.

There will be similar methods for directdraw and whatever, I'm guessing.

[ MSVC Fixes | STL | SDL | Game AI | Sockets | C++ Faq Lite | Boost ]

Edited by - Kylotan on January 14, 2002 6:38:50 PM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS