• Create Account

Macintosh Compilers

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 randythom   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 January 2002 - 12:51 PM

If I want to learn to write C++ code ON a Mac but FOR another platform, like Playstation, what software (compiler, etc.) should I get. Are compilers specific to both the platform you are using to write the code AND the platform the software will end up on? thanks, Randy

Sponsor:

#2 Oluseyi   Staff Emeritus   -  Reputation: 1678

Posted 14 January 2002 - 01:43 PM

quote:
Original post by randythom
If I want to learn to write C++ code ON a Mac but FOR another platform, like Playstation, what software (compiler, etc.) should I get.

Compiler: CodeWarrior or GCC, because they are available on the most platforms.

quote:
Are compilers specific to both the platform you are using to write the code AND the platform the software will end up on?

Not entirely. There are these nifty things called cross-compilers, which allow you to develop on platform A for platform B, but you still need either an emulator or an actual machine running the second platform to try out your application.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM | STL | Google ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS