OpenGL compiling error in BCB5

Started by
3 comments, last by WeirdoFu 22 years, 2 months ago
I use to write OpenGL code in VC++ 6, but then recently, I wanted to add an actual user interface wrapper outside of the usual OpenGL. Being not as great with MFC, actually near clueless, I turned to the next best thing I knew of BCB5, which is great when you want quick and dirt functionality. But the problem is, when I compile the stuff and link them, I get this reoccuring error in gl.h. It''s almost like that thing you get in VC++ when you don''t add those "#include windows.h" before the "#include gl.h"''s. So, I thought I''d go ahead and include some window.h, but that didn''t seem to solve the problem. So, I''m writing this post to ask for help. Is it because I''m actually including something that I shouldn''t or is it because i didn''t include something. Oh yeah, I''m also including those files dealing with textures and bitmaps that you usually get from opengl tutorials, "bitmap.c", "bitmap.h", "texture.c", and "texture.h".
Advertisement
Whats the error message ?? Hard to even point you to a solution without an error message.

Hello from my world
#Include <windows.h>

it will not take long to test it? You need to do this when your developing in windows.
do you use glut? The older versions needed to change something in their headre files to work with BCB.
If brute force does not solve your problem....you're not using enough!
[C++ Error] gl.h(1153): E2141 Declaration syntax error

That's the error message I'm getting....which like some BCB error messages, is quite vague. And the cursor points to the following line in gl.h

WINGDIAPI void APIENTRY glAccum (GLenum op, GLfloat value);

I think either Bitmap.h or Texture.h uses glut. The present version I'm using is probably 3.7, so I might need to do some changes to it, whatever it might be.

Edited by - WeirdoFu on January 24, 2002 8:52:33 AM

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement