Posted 27 January 2002 - 09:46 PM
2. Create a 3D environment
3. Add features to the environmen, eg: collision detection, light source
4. Create characters
5. Implement control for the character
6. Create the rules, logic in the game
7. Create the AI for the NPC in the game
8. Implement the multiplayer function for the game
9. Beta testing...
Thanks you very much for answering my question, look forward to your reply.
P.S: I am a newbie on game development scene, sorry for asking some silly question.
Edited by - boylok on January 28, 2002 4:51:41 AM
My school have a project about creating a 3D game engine. In my mind, I think game engine is the core of a game, it just act as the main body of a game, all programming and logic are inside it.
However, my teacher keep saying that I am wrong. He said game engine should like the TOOLS...
I am now confusing on what he say. Can some body explains what my teacher means? Or give me some good website for reference.
Also, can you give me some advice about the steps to create a 3D game engine?
Below is my silly idea about the steps for creating a 3D game engine, please comment whether I am right or not, thanks you very much!
1. Design what kind of game you want to implement (I want to make a FPS game,