• Create Account

c++???

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 aqzman   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 January 2002 - 10:47 PM

i am now starting to lean c++ but i have pretty much no knowlage of c is that ok? cause the book i have says i should lean c before i learn c++.

Sponsor:

#2 python_regious   Members   -  Reputation: 929

Posted 29 January 2002 - 11:10 PM

You do not need to learn C before C++. It may infact be detremental, because you could get stuck in a procedureal mindset.

Death of one is a tragedy, death of a million is just a statistic.

#3 LessBread   Moderators   -  Reputation: 1411

Posted 29 January 2002 - 11:12 PM

Knowing a few things about C helps but isn''t necessary. You''ll learn them as you learn C++ eg. data types, syntax, header files, how to compile a program, what goes into compilation. I have a couple of books that say that you shouldn''t learn C first, so that just depends on the author and the authors purposes.

‘But truth's a menace, science a public danger.’ Brave New World, Aldous Huxley

#4 xe_sphinx   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 29 January 2002 - 11:25 PM

I have started with C++ about a year ago. I have read ,lots of C++ tutorials, by this I have also learned C. It is pretty similar, except the OOP thing, but the
syntax, cout instead of printf, etc.. is easy to learn.

You will get to know C while learning C++

--------------------------

Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor written by a 2 bit company that can''''t stand 1 bit of competition.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS