• Create Account

Realtime calculated lightning effects?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Elixir   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 February 2000 - 12:46 PM

I have been trying to create some realistic lightning effects but I have been unsuccessful as yet. Does anyone have any references that I could use to calculate some decent looking lightning? -Thanks

Sponsor:

#2 AIRmichael   Members   -  Reputation: 136

Posted 12 February 2000 - 06:22 AM

try to random 3 numbers. x y and z. ( 3d position )

then set light to 1; at that position. try this way to make the real time lightning

I am using this way to set up a whole realtime weathersystem. it will storm, rain, snow and the sun will shine. The game will release in 4 years or something. And the beta version is maybe downloadable the beginning of next year. we will connect thousands of people in one world.

#3 Elixir   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 12 February 2000 - 12:34 PM

I was actually referring to the actual calculation of the lightning bolt, and not how to put it in my world.

#4 logistix   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 12 February 2000 - 12:57 PM

Sounds like a job for fractals!

There should be plenty of fractal junk (i mean reference) online.

-the logistical one-
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~olsongt

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS