• Create Account

Perspective in gl

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 zd97le   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 11 February 2000 - 12:55 AM

Is it possible to use gl as rasterizing api only?I mean making myself all the transformation matrices, supply the vertices to glBegin...glEnd and in there make perspective transformation. e.g: Make a poly glBegin sx=vertices.x + something that projects it perspectively sy=the same sz=sz glEnd

Sponsor:

#2 Spellbound   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 11 February 2000 - 03:22 AM

Yes. You can set the transformation matrices to the identity matrix that way they don''t change the vertices you send to them. There might be a way to disable transforming but I haven''t looked into it.

#3 DaBit   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 February 2000 - 02:35 AM

If you set both the GL_PROJECTION and GL_MODELVIEW matrices to identity (glMatrixMode + glLoadIdentity) you disable the transformation stage, but not the viewport transform.

Anyway, unless you can get transformed and lit vertices real quickly, this is NOT the preferred way of doing things since you effectively disable the use of HW T&L and processor-optimized (3DNow!, ISSE) T&L.

DaBit

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS