• Create Account

Engine design

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Mezz   Members   -  Reputation: 570

Posted 12 February 2000 - 01:13 AM

Hi, I''m not sure this is in the right area of the message boeard... but.... I''m hunting around for ideas on a map and model system for a 3d RTS, for the maps I was thinking of using very small tiles, but this would pose problems when applying textures and also that many properties would take up much memory. I do want accuracy and speed, and I also want ease of making, so you could just raise tiles in the map editor with a click, the texture would deform to suit it, and so would surrounding tiles if need be. Any ideas here would be appreciated For the models, I was thinking of something in-line with Q3, simplified for obvious reasons but seperate body parts is the main thing I''m interested in - I don''t have much experience with the model/animation system side of things so any help here would be appreciated also. Regards, -Mezz

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS