• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

I NEED BIG HELP WITH DIRECTX...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Smelly   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 February 2000 - 05:42 AM

How do I play .cda (music from cd''s) with Direct Sound? I would also like to play them from my harddrive instead of directly from the cd. If all this isn''t possible, then how do I play .mp3 files with Direct Sound? This is all because I am making a game and I want to use music from my cd''s but since I only know how to play .wav files, then I have to convert .cda -> .wav and they end up being like 15-20MB!! Way too huge. Any suggestions on how to play the music I want would be very helpful! Thanks!

Sponsor:

#2 Nick Murphy   Members   -  Reputation: 1604

Posted 17 February 2000 - 12:11 PM

Look at the mci functions in the Win32 API, since those are what you need; they''ll be fully described in your compiler''s on-line documentation. Also, on a side note regarding space issues, CD audio takes the same amount of storage space as a WAV file would. A big reason why people would use CDs over WAVs then is that playing CD music takes effectively no processor time (audio goes straight from your CD-ROM to your sound card).

-Nick

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS