• Create Account

Java or C++

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
No replies to this topic

#1 Tac-Tics   Members   -  Reputation: 197

Posted 12 February 2002 - 02:09 PM

I know this may seem like a redundant question (by more nuances of the word than one), but I want to know what you experienced programmers think I should invest more of my time in: Java or C++ So far, even though I''m in a C++ class, I like Java better (easier to use, graphics and networking are easier, I''ve actually done some REAL programs in Java... et cetera). However, I''ve heard that a lot (most?) actual companies program in C++. Is this likely to change any time soon? Java is nice and all, but will it be readily applicable in a job environment? I''ll probably keep learning both languages, but I''d just like to hear what you think which I should invest more in (or if you want to argue about it, pros and cons of each besides the obvious). Any responses are thnx. "I''''m not evil... I just use the power of good in evil ways."

Sponsor:

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS