• Create Account

actual Triangle throughput

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 menasius   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 14 February 2000 - 08:23 PM

I can read tech specs until I die, but I need more real world numbers. Can anyone give me a rough estimate of something not high-end anymore like TNT2U or Voodoo2/3 of actual multitextured and drawn poly''s per frame that still gets an acceptable >30 framerate on a 400Mhz machine. Im looking for a good number of poly''s per frame to aim for -m

Sponsor:

#2 DaBit   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 February 2000 - 12:37 AM

On my TNT, with OpenGL (compiled vertex arrays) I reached about 700k polys per second, about the half multitextured, with an overclocked TNT2U @ 800x600x16 on a P2-392. This is measured my calculating the number of polygons drawn over a second, so this number includes color buffer clears, no Z-buffer clears, texture switching, etc.

But it depends a lot on the size of polygons used, the size of textures used (smaller = faster), the number of texture/material switches, the amount of vertex optimization (I used triangle strips, and I used 1.6 vertex/triangle on average)

DaBit

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS