• Create Account

Creating palletized 8Bit surfaces with DDraw

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ridcully   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 February 2000 - 07:46 AM

hi my application uses 16bit fullscreen mode / windows desktop to blit offscreen surfaces to the primary surface. the offscreen surfaces contain bitmaps loaded from a palletized 8bit file, and because the primary surface is 16bit they are converted to this format in the memory now my question is, how can i create 8bit surfaces with a primary 16bit surface? must i attach a pallete to the offscreen surface or initialize it differently? thanks ridcully

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 17 February 2000 - 06:00 AM

okay, i''ll change my question a bit:

is it POSSIBLE to store a 8bit surface in memory with a display mode of 16bit?

thanks again
ridcully

#3 Staffan   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 February 2000 - 08:00 AM

Nope. I think not. I remember seeing something on this in the MSDN docs but i can''t seem to find it. Anyways, if you somehow find out how to do it feel free to drop me a note Doing asm routines to do the job is much more challenging, though.

#4 Ridcully   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 22 February 2000 - 08:43 AM

okay, i see it really isn''t possible in a clean way...
would have slown down my blitter anyways

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS