• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

How to convert a 24 bit to 16 bit in PS...

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 D.   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 February 2000 - 06:15 PM

I don''t know if I''m just obviously missing this, but I can''t find a way to convert a 24 bit/32 bit graphic in Photoshop down to 16 bit. It is rather necessary, and I can''t find a way to do it. The standard RGB with 8 bits per channel works on 24 bit level. And I can''t find anything lower than that other than 8 bit (256 colors). So is there an easy way to do it? Maybe some button I somehow missed? Thanks, -D-

Sponsor:

#2 Atavist   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 17 February 2000 - 08:26 PM

The standard file types like bmp, gif, jpg simply don''t support saving in a 16-bit format.

If you have a game that runs in 16-bit you use 24-bit images and convert the pixel data when you load it up.

#3 mdashow   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 18 February 2000 - 05:00 AM

Save your file as a Targa (.TGA)
You will be given the option of saving in 16-, 24-, or 32-bit mode. Choose 16 and save.

-mike
-----------------
mdashow@REM0VE-TO-EMAIL-blizzard.com
artist/animator/designer/whatever, blizzard north
http://clients.wavi.com/walrus/

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS