• Create Account

Holy sweet mother of Marry....

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mike   Members   -  Reputation: 140

Posted 20 February 2000 - 11:32 AM

[-disclaimer-] [I''ve been working on a project for quite a while and getting nowhere fast. I finally got something to work. The following is meant to be seen in a humorous light.] I just thought that I would let everyone know that finally, after 2 years of programming, I wrote a 500 line program, compiled it, and had it work the first time through (with the exception of the fact I forgot a semicolon on one line and I had a few spelling mistakes to fix). I think I''ve made it to a new level of ability. Who knows, I might even make an entire program that works someday. I rule.

Sponsor:

#2 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 20 February 2000 - 11:36 AM

You the man!

#3 CodeDemon   Members   -  Reputation: 363

Posted 20 February 2000 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, that's the cool stuff. You get to a point where you start cranking out various programs with no or little errors...

Edited by - CodeDemon on 2/20/00 6:18:54 PM

#4 ZoomBoy   Members   -  Reputation: 162

Posted 20 February 2000 - 12:25 PM

It''s nice not to have the compiler do all the work.

ZoomBoy

A 2D RPG with skills, weapons, and adventure.
See my character editor, Tile editor and diary at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Atlantis/7739/

#5 _dot_   Members   -  Reputation: 160

Posted 20 February 2000 - 01:43 PM

It seems scary when a program work the first time you compile(no runtime error nor logic error). When that happens I always try my best to break the code with random/wrong inputs

#6 Mike   Members   -  Reputation: 140

Posted 20 February 2000 - 02:04 PM

When you consider the fact that the project I''m working on is a scripting language, it would not be very dificult to make the program crash; but why would I do that? I plan to enjoy my sucess until tomarrow when I break the program trying to add something new.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS