• Create Account

FREE SOFTWARE GIVEAWAY

We have 4 x Pro Licences (valued at $59 each) for 2d modular animation software Spriter to give away in this Thursday's GDNet Direct email newsletter.

Read more in this forum topic or make sure you're signed up (from the right-hand sidebar on the homepage) and read Thursday's newsletter to get in the running!

OPEN GL and Direct 3d other use than games?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 Delisk   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 February 2000 - 07:44 AM

Hi First of all im not unsing directX or Open gl for my games. I was recently at my computer book store, checking for game devlopement books, there i meet a someone who was looking at directX books. I start to chat with her (i first belive she was in game devlopement) but i discover she was not in game devlopement...but she told me she use directX direct and also with openGL. she d''int tell me wath she do, and i have no idea of wath you cold programs with this, other than games! Could you please tell me, im just curious about this! Delisk

Sponsor:

#2 Nick Murphy   Members   -  Reputation: 1604

Posted 21 February 2000 - 08:03 AM

Whole lots o'' stuff. Simulations, CAD/CAM programs, medical visualization applications....

-Nick

#3 MadKeithV   Moderators   -  Reputation: 971

Posted 22 February 2000 - 04:17 AM

Not to mention graphics stuff in normal applications that ends up not being fast enough...

We had to do it for the visualisation of a console ''cause GDI just slowed to a crawl without it.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS