Stellar armada hosting

Started by
-1 comments, last by Golthar 22 years, 1 month ago
Hi there, As the project is being designed in our school labs right away, we are looking for people who want to host our game universe. The network will consist of a peer to peer net using trusted servers. We will put one large server online for the time being and for the rest, we will need some community help. As we mentioned, the network will be peer to peer and it will retrieve the data from the database at Sourceforge. We are looking for volunteers who might want to host us for any period of time at any time. The server is written in Java and we are trying to make it compatible to java 1.2.1 and higher. As this is peer to peer you can plug your server in at your convenience and the more people doing that, the better the gaming activity. This game will be made available for free on stellararmada.sourceforge.net when we get past the manditory design phase. There is no page yet, but there will be soon enough. If you would like to help us, please send me an email containing some statistics about your computer like OS, current JVM, configuration and available bandwidth. Also dont forget to mention your servers'' location (the region) and what times you might have in mind for the hosting. Please keep in mind that to help us, all you need is a standard grade PC, some time and higher than dial up connection. We will design a reward scheme for people hosting us and you will get a mention on our sponsor page (when its done). The rewards will be game based though, seeing that this is a free game. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. You can post here or email me at: barry4nl@icqmail.com Thank you for your time, Barry
"There is a $500 fine for detonating explosives within the confines of a city"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement