• Create Account

OpenGL... Always on top?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChilledOut   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 February 2000 - 10:45 AM

I''m creating a fullscreen OpenGL window in Win98 ala NeHe''s tutorials, ie. using ChangeDisplaySettings and then creating a window that fills the screen. The problem is that sometimes toolbars pop in front of my full screen application! How can I make sure my graphics won''t be blocked by these "Always on Top" windows? Also, a more minor issue. I want my mouse cursor to be drawn by OpenGL not Windows. How do I turn off that darn windows arrow?

Sponsor:

#2 Spellbound   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 February 2000 - 10:52 AM

When you create the window with CreateWindowEx() make sure you have WS_EX_TOPMOST in the first argument.

When you get a WM_SETCURSOR message just call SetCursor(NULL);

#3 Ranok   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 21 February 2000 - 10:53 AM

To make your program the top most you need to specify WS_EX_TOPMOST for the extended window style when you create your window. To turn off the cursor you need to issue the command ShowCursor( NULL )in response to the WM_SETCURSOR message.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS