C++ Builder and DirectX

Started by
0 comments, last by VisualLR 24 years, 1 month ago
Hey, Ive been trying to make a map editor for my game with Builder with windowed DirectDraw, but Ive come up with some problems, the main problem is that I dont know how to get DirectDraw4 to work, I can get DirectDraw to work fine, but all my game code uses DirectDraw4, so I wanted to know how to get it to work... also, this is probably more windowed directdraw than builder (Ive never worked in windowed mode before, just full screen) but can I use BltFast, or do I have to use Blt? Finally, does the DirectDraw window have to take up the whole window''s client area, or can I reserve a part of it for a couple of buttons? Thanks a Lot! VisualLR I just can''t stop coding...
Advertisement
If you have the professional version (BCB 3+), try looking at the directdraw docs. I''m thinking its not fullscreen code (which it probably is), but you might want to also do a quick search with altavista on this one. I remember trying to get OpenGL running in a BCB form; it wasn''t happening: Opengl kept drawing over the title bar of the window. Not good, but I actually did see people who were succesful.

Good luck,
JoeG
joeG

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement