Help with SDL (license)

Started by
3 comments, last by Pegu 22 years ago
Ok, the problem is that english is not my first language. That is why I am having problems understanding the SDL''s license (LGPL). Well, I''m a newbie too, so perhaps that is a good reason too I don''t really know what stuff to include with my game, when I let people download it. I have the small game ready now, but I don''t know what else should I put to the zip-file I know for sure, that I must include sdl.dll so others can run the game. http://www.libsdl.org/license.html tells me what I should do, but I don''t think I understand it completely. Is it OK, if I just include following : - The runtime library - Sources for SDL (will make the package big for modem users) - A text-file, which tells that SDL is released under LGPL license and URL for the license. Thanks for any help.
Advertisement
You don''t actually have to include the sources for SDL. You have to state in the README, however, that anyone is free to ask you for those sources and that you will provide them at no cost to whoever asks. That will keep the size of your zip down.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Ah, very good

And just mentioning the URL for LGPL is enough ?
You''re supposed to include a full copy of the LGPL with the sdl files that you''re giving out. Tt''s a smallish text file, so don''t worry about the file sizes on that one.
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
You''re supposed to include a full copy of the LGPL with the sdl files that you''re giving out. Tt''s a smallish text file, so don''t worry about the file sizes on that one.

OK, I was just wondering if a link to the license would be enough.

Thanks for help.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement