Two Questions about DDraw

Started by
3 comments, last by Zombie 24 years, 1 month ago
Q1-When my program draws texts to another surface than backbuffer, it doesn''t refresh. Why is that, and how it can be fixed? Q2- When I move a surface with mouse fast, it (the surface) starts to leave behind. FPS is alright (90) anyway. How can this be fixed? Accuracy is necessary to my program, so things like this shouldn''t happen.
Advertisement
Could you post up some of the code?

"Remember, I'm the monkey, and you're the cheese grater. So no fooling around."
-Grand Theft Auto, London
D:
here is the text code- it''s written to backbuffer same way, but there it refreshes, not in other surfaces. That keeps me using only one font.

Public Sub WriteCharInfo()
zpCharInfo.DDSurface.DrawText zpCharInfo.sRect2.Left + 50, zpCharInfo.sRect2.Top + 15, zxCharStats.Money, False
zpCharInfo.DDSurface.DrawText zpCharInfo.sRect2.Left + 130, zpCharInfo.sRect2.Top + 15, zxCharStats.Food, False
zpCharInfo.DDSurface.DrawText zpCharInfo.sRect2.Left + 200, zpCharInfo.sRect2.Top + 15, zxCharStats.Age, False
zpCharInfo.DDSurface.DrawText zpCharInfo.sRect2.Left + 260, zpCharInfo.sRect2.Top + 15, zxCharStats.CurHP, False
zpCharInfo.DDSurface.DrawText zpCharInfo.sRect2.Left + 305, zpCharInfo.sRect2.Top + 15, zxCharStats.CurSP, False
End Sub
Are you blitting the other surfaces to the back buffer during each frame?
Yes.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement