• Create Account

Game Park32 SDK?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
10 replies to this topic

#1 Royale00   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 March 2002 - 01:08 PM

Hi I know that there are people developing GP32 games and such already and I wanted to know where they got the sdk as I cant find any download links to it at the offical website.

Sponsor:

#2 Arek the Absolute   Members   -  Reputation: 350

Posted 27 March 2002 - 02:06 PM

I don''t write for the GP32, but I think this is what you mean. Try http://www.devrs.com/gp32/software.php#comp

for more links go to the GP32 section in http://www.lik-sang.com

Hope that''s what you meant
-Arek the Absolute

#3 Royale00   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 March 2002 - 04:33 PM

I did and the site is Korean I wanted to know where on the site it is or a url where I can download the sdk but thanks anyway

#4 pieman   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 27 March 2002 - 10:47 PM

BabelFish can translate from Korean to English - might be good enough to find what you''re after.

Iain.

#5 Royale00   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 March 2002 - 03:41 AM

Hi Pieman I tried that too but thanks for taking the time to reply. Ok let me rephrase my question.Can someone that has the GP32 SDK put it on a webpage so I can download it becuase I searched evertything on the offical site and cant find it (maybe I skipped something by mistake but I doubt it).Thanks in advanced for any future replies.

#6 ps2insight   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 March 2002 - 06:34 AM

I myself have been waiting for the SDK kit as well. The one that everyone is using was pulled because of problems plus it was in korean and unless you know korean you will have a big problem coding for it and what not.

The good news as you can see is that the english version is down. However, they are going to relaunch the english version of the site along with a brand new fully re-done SDK kit for the GP32 on April 5th. So if you can wait another week or so then you can get your hand on it.

For now forget the old SDK kit it was crap. Lets just hope this new one is better.

#7 Royale00   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 28 March 2002 - 07:26 AM

Thanks for the info Ps2insight. I cant wait to get the sdk so I can port over my 3d graphis library from gba to gp32 and I think I can get it twice as fast even with out assembly.I know that there are people working on getting GCC to compile code for gp32 but I never was a fan of GCC to code for other platforms besides dos\windows.Again thanks for the info.

#8 monkey_32606   Members   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 31 March 2002 - 01:38 PM

Just a stupid queston but what is Game Park 32?

#9 ps2insight   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 31 March 2002 - 04:43 PM

How Rude!!!! The GamePark or better known as the GP32 is a Korean Handheld system that uses SMC. Plus is the only console that I know that has a public free SDK kit. It is also the worlds most powerful handheld and pretty much blows the Gamboy Advance out of the water. However right now it is a Korean system but can be imported for $179 U.S. dollars. Here is a link if you want to take a look at it.

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product_info.php?category=7&products_id=812&

#10 Royale00   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 31 March 2002 - 06:17 PM

As ps2insight stated Game Park 32 is more advanced in terms of hardware technology but right now I believe the Game Boy Advanced is a overall better system for gaming for now because of its graphics card and 2d acceleration in which the Game Park 32 lacks. Game Park 32 can overcome this by clever usage of the systems ram which is 8megabytes compared to the Game Boy Advances 288kilobytes(internal + external work ram). With the high amount of ram and cartridge memory (lowest being 16mb all the way to 128 mb SmartMediaCards)available for developers to use for the Game Park 32 it has alot of potential for handheld 3d games but the only thing I fear is that no major USA developers will take the system seriously(as it is Korean based) so we wont see any diverse games but will instead see hundreds upon hundreds of rpgs,fighting games and weird adventure\puzzle games that probably wont even be in english.

[edited by - Royale00 on April 1, 2002 1:18:15 AM]

#11 ps2insight   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 01 April 2002 - 04:20 AM

Royale is right however I could care less if we see american developers on the system. Gamepark has already signed Capcom, Konami and a couple other minor publishers. There are plans bringing it to the U.S. It is really meant for a home development system. Sad to say though the biggest it will ever get is being a emulator system. Unless we can get some PC programmers over to the console side.

I have started programming for it and it a lot easier than the GBA. I am currently porting over MESA so we can get some 3D games on the system.

My only thing that I have in conflict of Royale statement is that it is more powerful than the GBA in all terms once you sit down and figure out what both systems can do. Plus GamePark just stated in a chat session that it will be pulling out high Poly 3d renders and I cannot wait to see that.

If you are not much in programming for a system stay away from the GP32. If you want to program for console there is none easier than the GP32. Just keep your eye on the system.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS