• Create Account

Mode 6

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
1 reply to this topic

#1 Arek the Absolute   Members   -  Reputation: 348

Posted 03 April 2002 - 02:34 PM

I suppose it''s kind of unimportant, but I''d like to know. Some tutorials I''ve read have all but directly said that the SNES had support for graphics modes 1-7, and the GBA only has the first five. That means you need to use DMA or interrupts to simulate mode 7 on the GBA. So, I know what modes 1-5 are, and I know what mode 7 is, but what ever happened to mode 6? Is this whole thing about the SNES having these extra modes some misinterpretation? -Arek the Absolute

Sponsor:

#2 meh   Members   -  Reputation: 379

Posted 03 April 2002 - 09:20 PM

I''m not sure that Mode 7 is supported directly by the SNES. I''m pretty sure its just the name of the technique, hence the lacking Mode 6. A Mode 7 type effect is achieved by scaling a tiled background per scanline, thus giving the effect of a vanishing line.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS