• Create Account

How hard is it to get GameCube development kit, and what language is it in?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
7 replies to this topic

#1 Psysoft   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 April 2002 - 04:10 PM

I really need one. I also wouldn''t mind a GBA or GBC development kit, but I already know where I could get a GBA dev kit. Does anyone know where to find a GameCube development kit, though? One cannot do the impossible, for if one could, it would not be impossible. Yes, and move things out of loops!! //example for (int x = 0, x < 10, x++) { for (int y = 0, y < 10, y++) { z = x * 2 + y * 2 // * 2 can be moved out of the y loop } }

Sponsor:

#2 Xanth   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 April 2002 - 06:02 PM

It's my understanding that you'll have to buy one. For somewhere around $20,000.00 and that's if Nintendo will let you buy one.

[edited by - Xanth on April 17, 2002 1:03:30 AM]

#3 Oluseyi   Staff Emeritus   -  Reputation: 1678

Posted 16 April 2002 - 06:13 PM

Please remove that erroneous piece of code from your sig. It''s impolite for your sig to span more lines than your replies on average.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ | MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Google! | Asking Smart Questions | Internet Acronyms ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!

#4 Xanth   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 April 2002 - 06:41 PM

I bet removing all the {} brackets would clear it up.

#5 Some Guy   Banned   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 16 April 2002 - 06:53 PM

Why do you really need one, may I ask?

#6 aftermath   Banned   -  Reputation: 100

Posted 16 April 2002 - 07:12 PM

I also wouldn''t mind a GBA or GBC development kit also.
I also wouldn''t mind...
new pc
monney
gamecube
xbox
xbox+gamecube hybrid
xbox+gamecube+new pc hybrid
and all of the above, together.

[ my engine ][ my game ][ my email ]
SPAM

#7 SuperRoy   Members   -  Reputation: 109

Posted 16 April 2002 - 10:49 PM

I''m highly doubting that you NEED one. Hell, you don''t even know what "language" it''s in. I suggest learning C++ before going irrational and buying $20,000 DevKits...wait...Nintendo won''t let you buy one anyway.

--SuperRoy
//#define IRONY -1

#8 S1CA   Members   -  Reputation: 1398

Posted 17 April 2002 - 12:15 AM

Nintendo developer site: http://www.warioworld.com

Though you won''t be allowed to buy a devkit unless you have a registered publisher to back your application and willing to bring your game to market.

They''ll also usually be interested in your company profile, what games you''ve worked on as a company, what games the key staff of the company have worked on in their careers, which publishers you''ve worked with, your financial structure etc.

If you don''t have a track record etc, you can forget developing commercial titles on consoles - prove yourself on an "open" system like the PC.

--
Simon O''Connor
Creative Asylum Ltd
www.creative-asylum.com

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS