Langs.??

Started by
19 comments, last by int3rnil 21 years, 12 months ago
Ok i am very, very new to game developing and i was wondering what do you think would be the right lang. for a beginner to start off with? like c++, delphi, VB? what? please help thanks!.....
Advertisement
Brainf*ck. Turing-machine capable, and only 8 reserved words to learn.

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

C
"I am governed by none other than the Laws of the Universe."
OH! thanks that help alot, thanks for explaining really good yeah, right!....W/E....
He tried to be kind, idiot. Go FAQ yourself.

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/start_here/

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[if you have a link proposal, email me.]

In addition, to avoid future embarassment, I suggest you read the following document thoroughly multiple times.

http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

This is your first day. Don''t come in acting like an ungrateful jackass, especially since the second post DID answer your question.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[if you have a link proposal, email me.]

Try going with Basic first(any form). Then move on to more advanced languages like C/C++. This way, you''ll get a solid knowledge of fundamentals of programming, and will have an easier time learning those hard languages. Oh yeah, btw, don''t go asking questions if you won''t accept them.

----------------------
Always will be smarter
than you,
--=ME=--
----------------------
Wachar's Eternity <-<-<-<-<- Me own site!
I recommend Python as a good first language. Go to Python.org for details, and be sure to drop by the Newbies section. When you have learnt a bit about the language, you can check out PyGame for making games using Python.

[C++ FAQ Lite | ACCU | Boost | Stroustrup on Learning C++]
Delphi.
[ PGD - The Home of Pascal Game Development! ] [ Help GameDev.net fight cancer ]
quote:Original post by ZealousElixir
He tried to be kind, idiot.

Do you think that suggesting Brainfuck as a suitable language for anything is "trying to be kind"? The Smart Questions FAQ is usually recommended to people who have acted like a loser. I see only one person fitting that description in this thread. I''ll give you a clue: it''s not the OP. If you have no interest in helping someone on the right path to becoming a programmer, then please don''t make a fool of yourself about it.

[C++ FAQ Lite | ACCU | Boost | Stroustrup on Learning C++]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement