• Create Account

Question for everyone.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
4 replies to this topic

#1 ztemplin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 March 2000 - 01:31 PM

I e-mailed Don Carson, who recently wrote a great article on Gamasutra.com about Environmental Storytelling, a question about a game I am working on and I want you guys to tell me what you think. I am working on a design doc for a mystery action-adventure game (ala Monkey Island meets Gabriel Knight) "Do players like to be mislead to the point that they make assumptions at ''whodunit'' near the beginning of the game?" - Zeke Templin

Sponsor:

#2 Cloxs   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 March 2000 - 01:35 PM

No. At least not for me. I think that I know what the end of the game is, and sometimes I''ll even stop playing it.

#3 benjamin bunny   GDNet+   -  Reputation: 838

Posted 05 March 2000 - 01:41 PM

Personally I think thats a good idea, as long as you don''t mislead the player too many times, or it''ll become like a bad mystery novel and lose all credibility and interest for the player.

Just my thoughts anyway.

#4 ztemplin   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 March 2000 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for the input guys.
Cloxs, I was wondering why you feel that way?

- Zeke Templin

#5 Cloxs   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 05 March 2000 - 02:46 PM

Well, normally when I play games I play several at once. If I think I know the ending, sometimes I get bored and switch to another game for a while. I think it has to do with the way I think. I try not to buy cheat guides or use cheats unless I can get ABSOLUTELY nowhere. But, I think it''s just the way i think . Hope that helps some.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS