2D Vector Graphics Ala Flash

Started by
3 comments, last by catfoodgood 21 years, 12 months ago
Hello all, I am curious if anyone knows of any tutorials/examples/libraries (Win32) for using 2D vector graphics in programs. I want to use flash to do my art, but c++ for my code, my hope is a look like Parappa tha Rappa, but I suck at art, and flash is easy. Not to limit myself, but I don''t really know DirectX yet. I''m fairly good in OpenGL. I welcome any suggestions.
Advertisement
Actually if anyone knows a method to convert the file to a more approriate format that would also work.

You don''t need DirectX. OpenGL will work equally well, except that it''s easier to learn.

Anyway, you''d want to study how Flash works internally, it''s fileformat etc., so have a look at openswf.org to find sources and so on.

I vaguely recall that someone wrote an OpenGL accelerated flash plugin for linux - and if you''re in luck, it''s GPL and you can use it in your project (if yours is GPL too that is)

Regards,

2D when? 2D!Now
You might want to post this on the forums at FlashKit.com. I''d be interested in seeing the answer, too.
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
I''ll see what I can get from the Flash forums (Flashkit.com etc.) and I''ll copy the replies back here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement