• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Isometric Background Art?

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
3 replies to this topic

#1 kryndak   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 March 2000 - 08:56 AM

For a game like Baldur''s Gate or Diablo, the backgrounds are beautifully detailed Isometric landscapes. My question is this: How does one go about making backgrounds like those? What are the steps involved in making stunning backgrounds that are usable in games (from conceptualization to production to polishing...etc.)?

Sponsor:

#2 Gromit   Members   -  Reputation: 144

Posted 06 March 2000 - 09:23 AM

Thats quite the question you asked. Umm.. without knowing what you can do at the moment, my only suggestion would be, learn to draw.

#3 Spellbound   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 06 March 2000 - 09:40 AM

I believe that the graphics for Diablo are rendered with some graphics program like 3D Studio Max. So you''ll need someone who can come up with the ideas, and then someone who can illustrate these ideas on paper, and then someone who can model them with some 3D rendering program. (All of these guys can of course be the same person, just make sure they don''t talk to each other ). As always it is an iterative process where you start by building a prototype and then polish it until it is accepted.

I have heard that the graphics for Baldur''s Gate are drawn by hand, but I''m not sure.

#4 joew   Crossbones+   -  Reputation: 3674

Posted 06 March 2000 - 10:48 AM

-

[Edited by - Saruman on January 1, 2007 3:48:58 AM]

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS