Football Game Developement

Started by
2 comments, last by Rhynr Hearon 21 years, 11 months ago
I have searched many areas on the web and it seems very difficult to find any resources in reference to designing sports games especially Football Games. I am a beginning programer trying to decide which Language would be best to begin with in trying to acheive this. I have many resources available to me about JAVA and Visual Basic. My first impression would be that C++ would probably be the most ideal but since I am just beginning to program I am not for sure. Does anyone have any suggestions to which language I should learn and if so any publications that talk about sports games and finally any places on the web that talk about designing this kind of genere in gaming. Thanks everyone for your time, Rhyne
Advertisement
The hardest part of sports games is getting good AI, I hear. I dont think there is a Football specific programming language.
I haven''t been able to find any web resources oriented at sports games (a major interest of mine) either, and am actually planning on establishing one over the summer. Hopefully I can then liase with GDNet (trade links, URL redirect) so that it wont be lost to obscurity...

Anyway, programming a sports game is like programming any other game; it''s not the language you program it in, it''s the algorithms you write in that language. I currently use C++ exclusively in my game development (I plan on adding scripting support via the MS Scripting Host platform), for example. Just pick the language you are most comfortable with or the one that gives you the most resources for your skill level.

[ GDNet Start Here | GDNet Search Tool | GDNet FAQ ]
[ MS RTFM [MSDN] | SGI STL Docs | Boost ]
[ Google! | Asking Smart Questions | Jargon File ]
Thanks to Kylotan for the idea!
Hi,
I plan to make a soccer manager game and i am looking for an algorithm to generate match plans for a league season. If anyone has experience in this, i`d like to get some hints how to do it.

blw
640 kByte of memory is all that any application should ever need(Bill Gates 1981)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement