• Create Account

Names for end time game

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
31 replies to this topic

#1 JesusFreak   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 March 2000 - 02:58 PM

The end time game is based on the Bible. Any ideas for a name for the game? A name for the antichrist?

Sponsor:

#2 fuzzyai   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 March 2000 - 03:11 PM

i know these are pretty much standard, oft-used, unoriginal..
but for the game possibly Apocalypse (probably not spelled right) or Armageddon (also probably not spelled right).. and for the antichrist, how about Lucifer?

#3 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 07 March 2000 - 03:12 PM

How about "Genesis" - The end of one thing always brings the beginning of a new one. Another biblical reference too! I dunno, i think it''s kinda cool.

#4 AnalGoat   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 07 March 2000 - 03:17 PM

That last post was from me, if you''d like to reply. I forgot to log in. Oops!

#5 Josh   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 March 2000 - 12:59 AM

The name Lucifer would not work for the antichrist. The antichrist is a minion of Satan, aka Lucifer. That would be confusing

Josh
http://www.jh-software.com

#6 JesusFreak   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 March 2000 - 03:00 PM

I don''t really like Genesis(No offense) it''s more orriginal. and I''ve already thought of Apocalypse and Armaggedon. Lucifer should not be the name for the antichrist. Keep giving suggestions please.

#7 Dixon Hill   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 08 March 2000 - 11:57 PM

I think the name Genesis would be very good, since it would give the game something interesting.
Genesis is the beginning. If you now would take the name Genesis (for use as a logo) and use a dark and somewhat destruction like background, it would make a very cool game logo.
The name of the AntiChrist ... mh ... let''s think ...
how about AntiChrist? I think that name says it all.
Or IF you really want to use a name for him/her, think of something like Luther. Luther has something dark and mystik. Or maybe Gabriel or a name of any fallen Angel. I think Luthor/Luther/Louthar spell it as you want to, would be the best.

Dixon Hill
(aka Dennis J. Guss)
(wannabe) GameDeveloper

#8 joeG   Members   -  Reputation: 172

Posted 09 March 2000 - 04:23 AM

If you do pick Genesis, try looking for its Greek/Latin root. Strange words always sound more interesting than more common (not like Genesis is used that often, but many people are familiar with it) words.

#9 Loqi   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 March 2000 - 04:42 AM

How about "Omega''s Gate" or "Tempus Obitus" (that other post is right, latin roots make for good stuff).

#10 JesusFreak   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 March 2000 - 04:46 AM

I look into that. As for the name of the antichrist. I don''t want it to sound like something evil. He is evil but he doesn''t want to tell people that.

#11 joeG   Members   -  Reputation: 172

Posted 09 March 2000 - 05:10 AM

Wouldn''t it be ironic if it was Christian _________ <--(fill in blank with last name).

JoeG

#12 chris heimpel   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 March 2000 - 10:12 AM

Perdition is a pretty kick ass biblical sounding name. It means to be damned or something. As for the antichrist, most of the fundies seem to think he''s from Russia or Romania so naming him Vlad or something would add a bit of authenticity to your game.

Hey, hows about SimRapture?

#13 Anonymous Poster_Anonymous Poster_*   Guests   -  Reputation:

Posted 09 March 2000 - 10:30 AM

"The Seventh Seal" Rev. 8:1

#14 dog135   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 March 2000 - 12:16 PM

Sabet? (Beast mixed up)
Bill? (add your favorite evil last name here )
Johnathen
Baldeshwiler (The last name of a guy at my work. Sounds ominous though. Spelled wrong too)
Angel? (He works for the angel of light after all)
Dameon/Dan

Try finding a name that means something
(ie: Joshuah means "Jahovah Saves")

I like "Omega''s Gate" as mentioned earlier. That''s cool.
or...

Heaven''s Prophet
11:59 or 11:00
The Last Hour
The Final Hour
Mind, Body, Spirit (I can think of a COOL logo for this one)

Will the rapture be before or after this? If so, are you taking the position of someone mentioned in the Bible? Maybe one of the 2 prophets?

What kind of game will this be? Action? 3D/2D?

E:cb woof!

#15 joeG   Members   -  Reputation: 172

Posted 09 March 2000 - 03:42 PM

Been trying to get him to get a design document going...

JoeG

#16 spejic   Members   -  Reputation: 126

Posted 09 March 2000 - 03:48 PM

The Anti-Christ is supposed to be handsome and popular. He should have a charasmatic name, like Max Powers. Ok, not that charasmatic, but just rent some Charlton Heston movies and make notes of what his characters are called and pick the one that sounds like a person who can rule the world.

I also like "perdition". Maybe you can use "Perdition''s Flames" (quoting from Star Trek II, which quotes from Moby Dick). If you want a name based on the non-Satan side, you might try "Opus Dei", which means "good works" (and is also the name of a very Right-Wing branch of the Catholic laity and a kick-ass album from Laibach).

---
Grandpa Simpson - "I never thought I could shoot down a German plane, but last year I proved myself wrong!"

#17 Ronald Forbes   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 09 March 2000 - 03:49 PM

Excuse me for asking, but I''m just wonderin'', if you''re a Jesus freak, why are you looking for a name for an antichrist so hard? Maybe I''m missin sumthin''. Just my christian thoughts for the day.

Download Complete. "YESSSSSS! The DirectX 7 SDK is finally MINE!! After 3 days of waiting, I have finally successfully downloaded this huge file. Now, I'll just fire up Winzip and... Illegal Fault. CURSES, MICROSOFT, CURSES!"

#18 JesusFreak   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 10 March 2000 - 08:43 AM

The reason I want a good name for the antichrist is because the game needs it. I am a Jesus Freak. I am working on a design doc. How much detail are normaly in these things? Is there some sortof template to get me starrted? What does everybody think of the name "Jacob''s Sorrow"? I like some of the names and I will problably pick one soon. Or the "Final Week" because it is refered to as the seventh week. in the book of daniel. It''s actually seven years.

#19 GreG_K   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 March 2000 - 02:06 PM

"End of Days"

Greg K.

#20 fuzzyai   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 13 March 2000 - 04:47 PM

hmm.. the antichrist.. how about Bill Gates? hehe...

you can find plenty of info about design docs around gamedev...

Edited by - fuzzyai on 3/13/00 10:50:25 PM

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS