KORG?

Started by
17 comments, last by Jewelaye 23 years, 12 months ago
Is there anybody here who knows what a korg is? HAve one at home (kinda keeyboard..)and woundering if theres any sites on the net where you could download sound samples?
Jewelaye
Advertisement
Korg is manufacturer of snythesizers (modules, workstations, dance synths etc). Their products have a pretty good reputation. Some well known synths are Korg M1 (1st workstation ever...workstation means that one piece of gear includes keyboard, a sequencer and extensive sound programming possibilities) or the Ms-20 (analog synthesizer).

Korg Website

Edited by - RaVeN on 3/11/00 11:00:07 AM
___________________________Markus 'RaVeN' Hastreiterwww.ravenaudio.de
COOL! raven!!!
i didnt think that anyone did now what Korg was nowadays!
Its the best music workstation!!!
(my favourite...but theres better (maybe)......
LOL* do you have a korg too?
Thanks 4 the explanation....=)
I have on with 16 sequences...but i haven any use of them all cause i m too bad........dont understand how to use ALL the buttoms .....have some problems with all the modifications...........
Going to check their web-site ...
THANKS Again..=)
/jewealye

Jewelaye
Yeah Korgs are pretty good. I''m a Roland fanatic myself, especially with their instrument sound cards. So much expanabliliy, and they''re pretty inexpensive (relatively speaking, of course).
HI Kaspian
YOure perfectly right with that Roland is more INEXPENSIVE!
but about the sound is theres only onte thing that cant break the Korg!
The PIANO sound!
then Korg are better in all the other sounds!
(my oppinion! )
I had a "cheap" Roland E 16 (begginer model)
Now i advanced to a korg!
And i do never miss Roland again!
Roland have a lots of good machines for an example the 32 and i think that it was an 81 too(?)In the serie......
Im not updated with the latest versions....
/jewelaye

Jewelaye
Yeah, I''m running a Roland XP-30 right now. I''ll have to take a closer look at a Korg one day, their hefty price tag (at least in my neck of the woods) is the one impetus for me getting one.
Right now I have a Korg X5D (and a Juno 106, but that''s irrelevant...) Anyway, the X5D is more than serviceable and only costs $600. I''m in love with that synth. =)
Hi i have a KORG 01/WFD (workstation)
WITH;
AI SYNTHESIS SYSTEM
WaWE SHAPING
VARIABLE DIGITAL FILTER
MULTI DIGITAL EFFECTOR
16 TRACK SEQUENCER
3,5 INCH 2DD FDD

can anybody tell me if that is a better part of Korg;s workstations...=)

Had a casio -(begginer) once and a Roland- begginer to...
The most ...with Korg is that theire so expensive!!!!!
/jewelaye

Jewelaye
I have to agree. The Korg is an awsome piece of equipment to have. The Korg Triton Pro X is probably the God of all synths/workstations. I''ve dealth with those before. Until I can get one of my own, I''m relying on the excellent sampling tool known as SounFonts. They work great for designing a sound, custom to you and you alone. They work great through a MIDI keyboard or controller, like my Roland A-33. It gets the trick done and they save a ton of space, since most programs recognize them as a special kind of MIDI format. =) But I will get my Korg soon! Later,

D2

"The great thing about being human is the ability to reason;
But reasoning doesn''t work when no one cares;
Two parts apathy,
One part despair."
"180 Degrees" by NOFX
"The great thing about being human is the ability to reason;But reasoning doesn''t work when no one cares;Two parts apathy,One part despair.""180 Degrees" by NOFX
Korg is the best. Check out this Song i made with the Korg triton, Korg z-1 , and Korg electribe.

http://www.anomalies.net/~nightshadow/Ufosongs/Morphic-time_traveller.mp3

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement