www.gameinstitute.com??? is it worth it?

Started by
1 comment, last by halo2 21 years, 10 months ago
i was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with www.gameinstitute.com, preferrably if u have had any experience with the intro to c++ course. i was wondering if it is good and if it is worth it. Did u have any problems with it? please give me a full review in it. I am a total beginner and dont know anything about programming but i am willing to learn.
-Go on, have some junk food. It doesn't make you fat. It just makes you poo.
Advertisement
Check out this link:

Game Institute Review
quote:Original post by halo2
i was wondering if anyone here has had any experience with www.gameinstitute.com, preferrably if u have had any experience with the intro to c++ course. i was wondering if it is good and if it is worth it. Did u have any problems with it? please give me a full review in it. I am a total beginner and dont know anything about programming but i am willing to learn.

Its really had to judge how "good" any particular class really is. A lot of times, what you get out, is what you brought in with you at the beginning.

For example, I''m currently doing their Introduction to C/C++. I''m finding that I get a heck of a lot out of it. I finally heard an explanation of Pointers that actually made sense. I FINALLY understand why References haven''t completely replaced them....

But you also have to take into account that I''ve been a professional software engineer for the last decade or so. I came into this class with extensive experience in a number of higher-level languages and a rudimentary knowledge of C/C++. While I was by no means a C/C++ programmer, I had used it in the past for some things (mostly for wrapping the WinAPI for other languages).

So, would this class be good for you? Its hard to tell.

I can say that from a quality standpoint, its very good. The instructors are very clear and accessible. I''ve found that materials (from the presentations to the sample code) all work flawlessly.

About the only negative is their message board solution. Someone needs to take a hammer to the fingers of whomever developed it. Its nearly impossible to use. My favorite is that your can''t paste anything into it. I normally use Word or some such to write my posts (I can''t spell for all the tea in China) and then paste them in. Try this with their software and it goes insane. Drives me nuts I tell you..... Really though, its more an annoyance than anything else.

Marc

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement