Direct3DIM

Started by
1 comment, last by doctor_b 24 years, 1 month ago
i recently bought a book "3D Game Programming With C++" - John De Goes, and guess what? this book sucks! all it is, is a reference to all known D3D commands and such, (appendix a is nearly twice as big as the entire book!), anyway i am griping because guess what? i dont know Direct3D! ok so heres the deal i do have alot of experience with c++ (visual style) and i have SOME experience with direct draw but i am looking for a GOOD tutorial on direct3d starting from the beggining, i have looked around and i have failed to find one that suites my learning style! ----------------------------- doctor_b@doctor.com
-----------------------------doctor_b@doctor.com
Advertisement
If you have the DirectX SDK, just go into the help and go to the introduction of Direct3D. It pretty much gets you started on the principals and there are some great examples for beginners. Otherwise just look on this site, there are some tutorials on using Direct3D in 2D games so thats probably the best place to start.

Hope this helps.

--Antz
Quanta
http://quanta.virtualave.net
You may take a look at Direct3D.net, the author has some tutorials on how to use the framework that comes with the DXSDK.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement