new NEHE logo??

Started by
59 comments, last by hotrod5150_1984 21 years, 10 months ago
I was playing around and came up with this logo. I thought it looked really good. Tell me what you think. Click here to see the logo If you want to see more of my work, go here. I just posted a new version of the logo, so go ahead and check it out. [edited by - hotrod5150_1984 on June 13, 2002 4:33:13 PM]
Advertisement
Yes, it''s cool. Better than the current one
I like the text better. The space thing is a little off, mostly because the planets are low-rez. The current logo has a cleaner look, and your logo doesn''t scale well.

Just my 2¢,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[if you have a link proposal, email me.]

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

Well.....the low res planets can be fixed. I was just playing around, and it only took me about 45 minutes for that whole logo. I''m sure if I was to take my time and do all the planets good and everything, it would look much better. But it doesn''t need to scale, really. It''s the exact same size as the other logo.
Ah, HTML is on here. That was unexpected...

<*a href="http://www.geocities.com/hotrod_mexico/logo.html">This makes a link<*/a>
Just take out the *'s

------------
http://aud.vze.com <-- Newbie alert, look at your own risk. Can induce severe laughing fits and other variations of hysterical outburst.

[edited by - LockePick on June 3, 2002 6:31:35 PM]

[edited by - LockePick on June 3, 2002 6:31:50 PM]
_______________________________________Pixelante Game Studios - Fowl Language
I noticed there''s not that many replies, but on my web site statistics, quite a few (over 100) people did visit. Is it that bad? I''d like your opinions, good or bad. I was just having fun with photoshop.
Nice. You should send and e-mail to NeHe to take a look at it.

---
Make it work.
Make it fast.

"Commmmpuuuuterrrr.." --Scotty Star Trek IV:The Voyage Home
"None of us learn in a vacuum; we all stand on the shoulders of giants such as Wirth and Knuth and thousands of others. Lend your shoulders to building the future!" - Michael Abrash[JavaGaming.org][The Java Tutorial][Slick][LWJGL][LWJGL Tutorials for NeHe][LWJGL Wiki][jMonkey Engine]
I definitely like the text part better than the current logo. The rest is a bit too "busy" for my tastes.

Kippesoep
Looks great. I agree with others that it''s a bit busy, but other than that it''s very nice. Good work!

:-)

Helpful links:
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way | Google can help with your question | Search MSDN for help with standard C or Windows functions
Definitely a great effort (better than I could do), but it doesn''t mesh with NeHe''s site design. He would have to redesign the look of his site around that logo. I''m not sure if he is willing to do that.

But as everyone else has said, the text part with the halo is amazingly good. I would say to keep that part and redesign the rest of it so it can fit with the current design.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement