• Create Account

problems with gcc thumb 2.9

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

• You cannot reply to this topic
6 replies to this topic

#1 Abominus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 12 June 2002 - 01:57 AM

Hi, where can I get standard lib functions (memset, memcpy, sprintf etc) as well for division/mod operatons for gcc thumb 2.9? I''m using thumb gcc 2.9 that came together with HAM. Rgds.

Sponsor:

#2 Aprosenf   Members   -  Reputation: 372

Posted 12 June 2002 - 08:06 AM

<memory.h>, <stdlib.h>, and <stdio.h>

[edited by - Aprosenf on June 12, 2002 3:06:59 PM]

#3 Abominus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 12 June 2002 - 06:12 PM

quote:
Original post by Aprosenf
, , and

[edited by - Aprosenf on June 12, 2002 3:06:59 PM]

Header files do not contain implementation.

[edited by - Abominus on June 13, 2002 1:14:06 AM]

#4 Aprosenf   Members   -  Reputation: 372

Posted 13 June 2002 - 08:18 AM

Well, that made me look bad. I do know that if you know a fair amount of ASM, then you can easily program your own versions of memory operators. Aren''t division and modulus operations built into the language? As for the other standard functions, I wouldn''t really know where to look.

#5 Abominus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 June 2002 - 02:44 AM

quote:
Original post by Aprosenf
Well, that made me look bad. I do know that if you know a fair amount of ASM, then you can easily program your own versions of memory operators. Aren''t division and modulus operations built into the language? As for the other standard functions, I wouldn''t really know where to look.

I know some arm/thumb asm, but I''m porting C code from PC to GBA, which relies quite heavily on the c libs. Memory functions are easy enough, but the other stuff like sprintf, atoi etc etc can be a pain to re-implement. As for mod/div, the arm processor doesn''t have a div opcode, its emulated by the c compiler.

#6 LeoMaheo   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 15 June 2002 - 12:34 PM

#include <stdio>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <string>

works with DevKitAdvance

Perhaps one can download DevKitAdv and just copy the libraries ? (hmm.. would that work ?)

#7 Abominus   Members   -  Reputation: 122

Posted 16 June 2002 - 01:12 AM

quote:
Original post by LeoMaheo
#include <stdio>
#include <stdarg.h>
#include <string>

works with DevKitAdvance

Perhaps one can download DevKitAdv and just copy the libraries ? (hmm.. would that work ?)

I might try that. Thanks. But devkitadv support thumb? cos my gcc compiler generates thumb code only.

Old topic!
Guest, the last post of this topic is over 60 days old and at this point you may not reply in this topic. If you wish to continue this conversation start a new topic.

PARTNERS